Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Jesus



“Who do you say that I am?” 

Theologically, Christ Jesus is the Lord God. He is Yahweh, the great I Am. He is the second member of the Trinity; He is the Son of God the Father, and God Himself. He is fully God, and fully man. He is the “Logos”, found in John 1:1. I could go on with specific titles that He has been given in the Bible, but to me, Jesus is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Because of Him, God the Father looks on me with love, and that fills me with the greatest joy I could ever feel, that I am loved by God. The greatest thing about Jesus is my relationship with Him. However, my relationship with Jesus is confusing. He unconditionally loves me and gives me everything and its awesome, although sometimes I love Him back, I hurt Him and willfully defy His law and forfeit the tight, intimate relationship we share.. But what does He do? He still manages to keep me and to hold me when I do something stupid. He even carries me out of situations I got myself into by disregarding everything He has given me. However, I have to say, the COOLEST thing He does, is reminds me that He has chosen me and loves me NO MATTER WHAT I do. His amazing grace is incredible. I haven't even been able to put into words the amount of ways He has blessed me recently. His blessings definitely do not always come the way I want them to, and often, His blessings don't even feel like blessings! And I fail to see the good in the situation. But thanks to His Holy Word, the Bible, I am able to see that although I don't always think He cares, He cares so much more than I do! So basically what I'm trying to say is, that Christ is the greatest thing that has EVER happened to me, and I am madly in love with Him. It truly is Amazing Grace that God sent Him to earth so He could save me then keep me. I rarely ever even realize how amazing that is. John 10:28-29 says that He is always with me and that nothing can ever take me away from Him, and nothing can take me from God the Father either, that I am in the Hands of God, and that will never change. He will always be with me, and that truly is the peace that passes all understanding. Jesus is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I look forward to the day when I am standing in Heaven, glorified with Him, and in the eternal presence of my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment